Saturday, March 15, 2008

River-drawing


This is a drawing of the Root River in my beloved dog park. It was done for a class I'm taking to work on my painting technique. For everyone wondering about the procedure, first you find a subject( in this case, the river), then you draw thumbnail pictures, which are little pictures about 2 inches(50mm.)or so, square. When you have one you like, you make a comprehensive drawing, which is what this is. It's a little more finished than it has to be, but it is basically a blueprint for the painting. Next comes the painting itself, and in this case it will be a class assignment. I liked the drawing so much I thought I'd put it up and I may make another on better paper, but extend the lighter reflective part of the river more to the left.

No comments:

Its Spring!

I found these in a garden center, nestled in the Astilbe.