Monday, November 24, 2008

Mandalas


Ok this is a foray into design. I've been doing mandalas as well as painting, and for what ever reason they have been coming out quite nicely So I opened a shop on Zazzle. This is me: http://www.zazzle.com/chichine  I make the designs and they print them and then they put them up for sale I am thinking that some of my other art work would fit in well too as cards or posters. They also have stamps and shoes, which are so much fun to design. 
I have gotten interested in mandalas and also in labrynths, which I don't think I spelled correctly. 
Anyway I walked a labrynth that is located on the bluffs above Lake Michigan last week. It was an interesting experience, very soothing I couldn't help but think that it was very much like life. You think you are headed in one direction and suddenly you are headed in another, only to switch back again. I think that is the where the phrase going around in circles comes from.

2 comments:

Backstreeter said...

I looked at some on youtube. One was being made from coloured sand by monks from Tibet, and another was an animated - quite hypnotic-- pattern. Good to see a place where we can buy your art now. The shipping should be a good deal less than those chairs seen on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I like mandals, I think they present the order of universe and they are just in a way perfect. I like your design and your way of thinking.

Its Spring!

I found these in a garden center, nestled in the Astilbe.