Sunday, April 26, 2009

Paul Strisik


My last post was about a painting that I copied from a 8x10 print, but had no idea who had painted it. Stapleton Kearns left a comment saying he thought it was by Paul Strisik. I wasn't sure who Paul was and so I looked him up. Well, the only thing to say is "Wow! What a wonderful painter!" And also "Wow, I need to work a lot harder!" These are two websites featuring his paintings Welcome to Paul Strisik's Web Site and Paul Strisik (1918 - 1998). The sense of light in his paintings is so elegant. He studied with Frank Vincent DuMond, who was a legendary teacher at the Art Student's League.

This is one of Paul Strisik's paintings from Greece.

1 comment:

Mr Lee said...

Enjoy your blog.So kind.Good luck!
We hope that we will have the opportunity to make friends with you.
We invite you to come to our blog. You are welcome any time.

http://www.china-cutter.blogspot.com/

 
hit counter
free web hit counter