Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A New Apple

A new painting that I finished about 15 minutes ago. I think I have advanced as a painter, even while working at the garden center. That job didn't leave much time for other things, but I managed to hang in there and am so glad about it. This was painted from life and I like working like that, it gives you a relationship with whatever you are painting. The colors in the real painting are a little more vibrant than the picture here. Somehow saving it for the web seems to mute the colors down. I'll have to experiment and see what to do about that. Anyway I'm thinking of putting it up for sale.... don't know where exactly.


1 comment:

backstreeter said...

very good. hang in there.

Its Spring!

I found these in a garden center, nestled in the Astilbe.