Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fallen tree


Today was just one of those perfect Spring days. Warm, but not too warm. Sunny but with a few nifty clouds to keep it interesting. So the dog and me went to the park to paint. This is a different park from the dog park, but dogs are allowed anyway. It's located on the St. Francis Seminary grounds. Its a lovely little woods with bridges and a stream running through it. The buildings on the grounds include the Archbishops palace, a seminary, a former girls school that has been turned into a really interesting collection of non-profit businesses and a nun's retirement home. It's also supposedly haunted.
I sat down, used water from the stream for the paint, and painted this picture. Louie the dog helped by being cute, laying next to me and offering an occasional comment. He did a good job, I think.

No comments:

Its Spring!

I found these in a garden center, nestled in the Astilbe.